history OF




TO DONATE

Around the 1890’s, the Catholic Church began a mission in Lumberton. It was one of many small towns in Northern New Mexico that began to build Catholic community. Fr. Antonio Jouvenzeau ministered to the missions from Parkview to Farmington. In 1910 the Franciscan Fathers took over all the missions in the area. Around 1915 the Fathers built the first school house. The two story structure housed grades 1-8. By 1920 the school was staffed by Franciscan sisters. Currently it is run as a non-profit organization by volunteers. We hope soon to be a diocesan school though in the coming year. The population of the school and enrollment has changed very little over the years. Enrollment fluctuates between 75 – 125 students.

St. Francis School in Lumberton, New Mexico exists to provide each student an education that will prepare them academically and spiritually to be leaders in their future pursuits. Our students will strive to live as Jesus did, proclaiming the gospel message by word and example. Theirs will be a faithful tradition of the Catholic Church guided by the Holy Spirit.

MEET SOME OF OUR
ST FRANCIS FAMILY




OUR MISSION STATEMENT

OUR SCHOOL

We seek knowledge and faith, strengthened by love, we work, dream and serve. Together we succeed!